DALLAS — For the second-consecutive year Jacksonville High School sophomore Taylor Gutierrez will be spending a couple of days in early November in Austin.
Hunt County native and former NFL star and Dallas Cowboys Assistant Coach Wade Wilson passed away at his home in Coppell on Friday at the age of 60.
OKLAHOMA CITY — Tim Tadlock and Chris Beard, two of Texas Tech’s most popular athletic figures, shared an enlightening moment earlier this month when detailing the stark contrast between the draft process in their respective sports.
More safety concerns about some of the city’s streets and intersections were brought up at Tuesday’s Greenville City Council meeting.
ROYSE CITY — Community members got to help officially put the Royse City Fire Department’s new fire engine in service last week at a ceremony held at the fire station.
Saturday will be a day filled with cars, trucks, motorcycles and corn hole, during the “First Annual Torq ’N Tire Throwdown” event, sponsored by the Hunt County Children’s Advocacy Center.
Republican incumbents, including a district judge and the district attorney, have been the first to file for re-election to offices in Hunt County, while several newcomers are lining up for upcoming Hunt County Attorney and Constable vacancies.
A former resident, wounded two years ago during a hold-up and officer-involved shooting at a Commerce business, was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison without parole after being found guilty of capital murder in Tarrant County.
The current edition of the Hunt County grand jury is scheduled to meet again Friday and may hear evidence in an intoxication manslaughter incident and a second suspect charged with sexual assault of a child and trafficking, in addition to other cases.
A hearing is scheduled this week, as attorneys for a suspect charged in a reported double homicide near Commerce more than three years ago is seeking to have the capital murder indictment dismissed.
Students and staff with the Greenville Independent School District took some time to honor the sacrifices made by veterans at the district’s annual Veterans Day program Monday.
- Local dealership victim of overnight burglary
- District 8-5A-II football roundup: Greenville Lions to play at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco
- UPDATE: Former resident sentenced to life in prison for capital murder in Tarrant County
- Country duo to perform at Southern Junction
- Attorneys seek dismissal of double murder charge
- Constable opts not to seek reelection
- Caddo Mills native earns award from NATO
- TO YOUR HEALTH: Eating out around town in Greenville
- Capital murder charge against Brandon Gonzales dropped in Party Venue shooting
- Volleyball playoff roundup: Greenville falls, Commerce, Boles advance