The oldest business in Hunt County, the Herald-Banner was founded on April 14, 1869 as the Greenville Herald by John C. Bayne. Almost a century later, the paper merged with the Greenville Evening Banner and became known as the Greenville Herald-Banner.
Today, the newspaper, the Herald-Banner, is owned by CNHI LLC, publishes three days a week and also produces two weekly newspapers: Rockwall County Herald-Banner and Royse City Herald-Banner. The Herald-Banner also publishes a quarterly lifestyles magazine called Greenville Life.
This Week's Circulars
- Indictment filed in Wolfe City murder case
- Suspect identified, sought in Sept. 30 homicide
- Local celebrity, Hump Day Happy Hour host Strickland passes away
- Trial scheduled in Greenville ISD theft case
- Documentary in Woodruff capital murder case to be screened locally
- Guilty plea, prison sentence given in teacher/student case
- Quinlan buffalo 'WildThing' remains faithful house pet
- These health care workers will be first in line for COVID-19 vaccine
- Prison sentence ordered in intoxication manslaughter case
- County adds more than 50 COVID-19 cases