One man was critically wounded and two others injured Tuesday night as the result of multiple stabbings in south Hunt County.

Investigators with the Hunt County Sheriff’s Office were still attempting to put the pieces together Wednesday evening.

“We really don’t know what happened yet,” said Undersheriff Joe Knight, who said charges are expected to be filed in the case sometime today, concerning a series of events which ended up involving multiple law enforcement agencies.

“It was definitely a full moon,” said Sheriff Randy Meeks.

According to reports, calls began coming in to the sheriff’s dispatch at around 8 p.m. Tuesday.

“When the first calls came in we were dispatched to three different locations for a stabbing victim,” Meeks said. “I responded to the Texaco at Interstate 30 and FM 1903. I found one victim there with a serious knife wound to his abdomen. This victim was Careflighted to Parkland Hospital in very critical condition. We had a total of three stabbing victims with one being treated at the scene and the other was treated at the Greenville hospital.”

There were at least three disturbance calls during the night, along with several arrests. One of the calls came in from the location where the stabbings allegedly occurred, a residence on County Road 2290 northwest of Quinlan.

“Our criminal investigator called for assistance because of approximately 15 to 20 people at the scene attempting to hinder the investigation,” Meeks said. “A Quinlan police officer and a West Tawakoni police officer responded and assisted our investigator. It is wild when you have several major disturbances going on in a county the size of Hunt County. We really appreciate the assistance from these other agencies.”

Knight said all of the stabbing victims were young males, with one possibly transported during by ambulance to an undisclosed hospital in Dallas

The identities of the victims and their conditions were not immediately released, although Knight said the most serious victim remained in Parkland Hospital as Wednesday evening.

“The last we heard he was still alive,” Knight said.

Recommended for you