As featured on
Wesley Ira Purkey, a convicted rapist and murderer, was pronounced dead this morning at 8:19 a.m. after receiving a lethal injection in the federal execution chamber at the U.S. Penitentiary in Terre Haute.
This Week's Circulars
Beulah Huey passed away Aug. 4, 2020. Funeral Service: 11 a.m., Monday, Aug. 10, at Cozine & Tarver Funeral Home. Visitation: Noon- 6 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 9 Social distancing and masks are required.
Calvin Lee Lilly, 73, of Greenville passed away Aug. 2, 2020. Visitation: 6-8 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 6, at Lynch Funeral Service in Greenville Funeral: 10:30 a.m., Friday, Aug. 7, at Lone Oak Assembly of God in Lone Oak.
Pete Allen Pruitt, 71, of Greenville, Texas, passed away Aug. 4, 2020. Arrangements are pending with Lynch Funeral Service in Greenville, Texas.
- Local man arrested for possession of child pornography
- Another COVID-19-related fatality reported in Hunt County
- One in hospital following Wednesday violation of protective order incident
- Police make arrest on sexual assault of child charge
- Hunt County sees COVID-19 surge with 35 new cases
- County adds 35 COVID-19 cases, recoveries up sharply
- Appeal denied in puppy mill, child trafficking case
- Hunt County adds 48 COVID-19 cases since weekend, sees spike in recovered patients, total tests
- Hunt County adds 11 COVID-19 cases
- Commerce Tigers open 2020 football practice