The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
Jimmy Lee Goodman, 67, former Celeste resident, passed away Friday, July 16 at his home. Services will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday, July 25 at Coker-Mathews Chapel in Greenville, Texas.
Garland (Victor) Works passed away, Friday, July 16,2021. The memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, July 22, 2021 at Vansickle Baptist Church. Please visit lynchfuneralservice.com to view the full obituary and leave online condolences.
- Coaching lineup changes at Greenville High School
- Sheep in trunk leads to charge of animal abuse
- Candlelight prayer vigil planned for Caleb Couch
- Two people unhurt in Hunt County airplane crash
- All roads lead to (western) Hunt County
- Greenville photographer/videographer takes his work, passion to new heights
- Information released concerning fatal accident along Interstate 30
- WE SAY: First Baptist would be a loss
- Gas failures drove winter storm power outages
- Thoroughfare plan to be presented at hearings