Craig Mullins Mankin, of Garland, died Saturday Dec. 3, 2005, in his home. Funeral services are at 10:30 a.m. today at Owens Funeral Chapel with Rev. Johnny Hailes officiating. Burial will be at Mt. Carmel Cemetery in Wolfe City.
Born in Dallas on June 12, 1959, to Adair and Laverne Mullins Mankin, he became a teacher, tennis coach, and an official for football and basketball. He was an avid tennis player and golfer, enjoyed movies, competitive games and reading. He was a member of the Texas Association of Sports Officials football/basketball division.
He is survived by a sister, Mandy Holleman and children Will and Meagan; a brother, Mike Mankin and children Tyson and Cory; his beloved dog Sadie; one aunt and uncle, Gene and Jimmie Prince; and several cousins.
He was a member of First Baptist Church in Duncanville.
Pallbearers will be James Young, Michael Prince, Tom Coughlin, Ryan Shore, Will Holleman and David Bartholomew.
Visitation will be 9:30 a.m. until service time on Monday.
- GEUS: Customers won't see energy cost spikes
- Dive team again at Lake Tawakoni
- One killed in Interstate 30 crash
- Abbott weighing to end mask order, other coronavirus rules
- Hunt County added to winter storm disaster declaration
- City of Greenville boil water notice continues through Tuesday
- City of Greenville Boil Water Notice lifted
- Latest update from the Cash Special Utility District
- Woman charged in homicide case back in county custody
- Ground broken on $28 million hospital expansion