Friday’s session of the Hunt County grand jury was canceled as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The start to 2020 has been an unusually eventful year, so it is only fitting that this year’s Herald-Banner Person of Distinction is equally e…
Dennis Strickland’s volunteer activities include the following: Greenville Golden K Kiwanis Board, W. Walworth Harrison Library Advisory Board…
UPDATE The Rockwall County Office of Emergency Management Thursday eveing reported a third COVID-19 case from Rockwall County. All of the indi…
The matriarch of one of Greenville’s legendary barbecue restaurants has passed away.
First Baptist Church-Greenville will host a tightly-monitored blood drive from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
AUSTIN - Governor Greg Abbott today waived certain Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) regulations to preserve and extend child care capacity for…
Hunt County is reporting its second case of a patient confirmed with COVID-19.
Hunt County Judge Bobby Stovall has released a statement, presenting the reasons why the county issued a stay at home order this week, in the …
The Texas Public Utility Commission voted Thursday to ban utilities from cutting off power and water services to Texans who have lost jobs and…
The Greenville City Council will hold a special meeting via video and/or telephone conference at 1 p.m. this Saturday, to vote on whether or n…
This Week's Circulars
Goldie Faye Manning Fitzpatrick, 95, passed away March 18, 2020. Private graveside service will be held Friday. A memorial service is planned for a later date. Visitation is noon to 6 p.m. today, at Cozine&Tarver Funeral Home.
- Hunt County issues disaster declaration, issues stay at home order
- Hunt County reports first COVID-19 case
- Hunt County reports second COVID-19 case
- Governor allows SNAP recipients to use benefits for take out, drive-thru during COVID-19 pandemic
- Mayor speaks out against county COVID-10 declaration
- County’s stay-at-home order also impacts travel across region
- Formal resolution posted of Hunt County disaster declaration due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Fitzpatrick, matriarch of legendary local restaurant, passes away at 95
- County issues statement on why stay at home order is needed during COVID-19 pandemic
- GISD will not offer bus stop delivery for school meals
Running as a Democratic challenger to incumbent and Heath resident John Ratcliffe (R) is a political unknown from Emory, Texas: Catherine Krantz. Also on the ballot is Libertarian Ken Ashby.
Freshman U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) faces U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) and entrepreneur Neal Dikeman (L) in the General Election for U.S. Senate in Texas on November 6, 2018.