By BRAD KELLAR
GREENVILLE — Unseasonably cool and damp conditions are expected to hang around for a while, with Hunt County and North Texas experiencing another day of rain today.
The National Weather Service forecast was calling for a 60 percent chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm today, especially before 1 p.m. and a high near 80. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms is in the forecast tonight, mainly before 1 a.m. and a low around 66. There is a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Tuesday, mainly after 1 p.m., with a high near 87.
About an inch of rain had been recorded at Majors Field, the City of Greenville Municipal Airport, as of 8:20 a.m. Monday.