It won’t be long before filing begins for the Greenville City Council election in May of next year.
Two Council seats are expected to be on the ballot, with incumbents currently filling both positions.
The election is scheduled for May 11, 2013. The Council has until March 1, 2013 to officially call for the election.
Places 1 and 2 on the Council will be decided. Dan Perkins currently serves in Place 1 and Dr. Joe Perks serves in Place 2.
Both are completing their first term on the Council and are therefore eligible to run again. Neither candidate has announced whether they intend to seek reelection next year.
The first day to file for the election is Jan. 30, 2013, with March 1, 2013 the last day to file for a spot on the ballot.
April 11, 2013 is the last day to register to vote for the election, with early voting scheduled April 29-May 7, 2013.
Should the Council decide to also call for one or more bond elections — relating to the proposed new YMCA, the proposed Splash Kingdom water park or any other issues — it also must do so by March 1, 2013.
- Local News
- Debate over ‘heads in beds’ in city continues
- Justice of the Peace candidate disqualified
- FISH desperately seeking turkeys
- Taxiway to be rebuilt at airport
- Divided council appoints two to board
- Another big, anonymous donation made for new Greenville fire engine
Grant funds available to repair select county roads
Hunt County roads that have been damaged by oil and gas pipeline drilling could be repaired due to a new grant program from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
- Council approves tax breaks for company
- Capitol Christmas trees have roots in county
- Payne dedicated life to service to others
- More Local News Headlines