The Herald Banner, Greenville, TX

November 26, 2012

No new donations being taken for Moore reward account

By BRAD KELLAR
Herald-Banner Staff

GREENVILLE — The money donated so far to a reward fund for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the murder of Alicia Chanta Moore of Greenville will still be used for that purpose.

However the person who created the fund said he will no longer be taking donations toward the fund.

"I think I'll just leave it at the $25,000 I have right now," said Mark Cobb with the Kids R Kids Learning Center in McKinney.

Moore's family asked Monday that the fund be discontinued for personal reasons.

Cobb said the money is still there for whomever comes forward with the information, as he intended the reward to help wiith the criminal investigation into the case.

"I think it will still help them," Cobb said. "My goal is to help find whoever did this thing."

A separate account, established to assist Moore's family, will be closed, as the request of Jessica Nicole Byrd, Moore's aunt, who works at the day care center.

"She wants me to close that," Cobb said, adding that the money will be distributed to the family. "As soon as the funds clear. I had a nice $5,000 donation I got in the mail today."