GREENVILLE — Micah Crofford Brown remains in custody at the Hunt County Jail, where he was arraigned Friday morning on one count of murder in connection with the Wednesday night shooting death of his ex-wife, Caddo Mills High School teacher Stella Michelle Ray. Bond was set at $1.5 million. A candlelight vigil for Ray has been scheduled for 8 p.m. tonight on the parking lot of Caddo Mills High School. A benefit account for Ray's three children has been established at Alliance Bank in Greenville.
- Breaking News
UPDATE: Victim, shooter identified
Officials have identified Kara Elizabeth Croop, 33, as the victim is this morning's shooting. It appears that her husband, Scott Croop, 39, shot her in the street outside of their home on the 400 block of Cookston Lane before shooting himself. Scott was pronounced dead on the scene, while Kara was severely wounded and transported to a Dallas hospital.
UPDATE: Kara, Scott had filed for divorce in November of 2013
A shooting incident that occurred Friday morning in the middle of a Royse City residential street left a man dead and a woman seriously wounded.
UPDATE: Final numbers in
We'll be bringing you live election results throughout the night from races throughout Hunt County.
- Another big fire northwest of Greenville
- Two alarm brush fire reported on westbound Interstate 30
- Reward offered in death of Lightning Medicine Cloud
- Breaking: Press conference at noon concerning death of Lightning Medicine Cloud
- Jury gets case in engaging in organized crime trial
- BREAKING: Truck fire on the interstate
- Breaking: Former PTA president indicted on forgery charges
- More Breaking News Headlines
- UPDATE: Victim, shooter identified